Become an EPA certified Lead Renovator. Criterion provides Lead Certification (Lead RRP).

View our Training Services for more information.

Firms that Require Certification

In general, anyone who is paid to perform work that disturbs paint in housing and child-occupied facilities built before 1978 must be certified. This includes all firms, even sole proprietorships.

Examples of the types of firms covered:

  • Residential rental property owners/managers
  • General contractors; and
  • Special trade contractors, including painters, plumbers, carpenters and electricians.

Firms cannot advertise or perform renovation activities covered by the RRP Rule in homes or child-occupied facilities built before 1978 without firm certification.